I was incomplete

The only one thing that I want in life
is to be joyful and free of all strife.
I began the search for true happiness
so I could get rid of all emptiness.

I looked to the heavens and saw a star.
Guided by it I then travelled afar.
The beauty of all lands I did adore
but none gave me the joy I was looking for.

The best of food I had then consumed.
The cup of wine would give me joy was what I presumed.
I thought that flesh would give me satisfaction 
Hence I began the quest for infatuation.

I realised nothing was interesting
and they weren't worth any time investing.
I felt that I am totally hollow.
This pain is what I had to swallow.

My eyes then feel on the image of my Maker.
I then found fulfillment in my Creator. 

- Christopher Britto

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD EDUCATION BE BANNED ?

God is love

I don't know God